Tuesday, April 26, 2011

LG :)

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going. I think that was in a commercial I might have watched a long time ago. Now, I don't watch tv and life is good. I don't know that I know how tough I really am until I get to the end of a task, look back, and say wooow with a big smile on my face. The smile is to remind me that my achievements are not of my own. My efforts are but a size of a pebble. My reliance and strength, my virtue comes from the source of all virtue, Jesus Christ.

"Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies" (Proverbs 31: 10). The word virtue is a synonym for strength not morality. It was virtue that had gone out of Christ which healed the woman with the issue of blood. We need strength from Christ to get through this life.

Change is the only constant we have. I like changing as long as it's for the better. President Henry B. Eyring said, "Time has taught me. As the forces around us increase in intensity, whatever spiritual strength was once sufficient will not be enough. And whatever growth in spiritual strength we once thought was possible, greater growth will be made available to us. Both the need for spiritual strength and the opportunity to acquire it will increase at rates which we underestimate at our peril."

The strength that I have right now is not good enough to face the challenges I'll be facing next week. My bucket of virtue needs to be filled time and time again by striving to "always" remember Him who has it all and is willing to give it all. We have an unlimited supply of virtue from the Master Himself. Virtue received from the Savior, acquired and converted for our benefit and healing is promising. We need to constantly be drawing virtue from the Savior to heal us especially when the going gets tough. Life is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment